Mrs Mala Shrivastav
Food and Home Management Expert
- 1 cup Suji
- 2 cups of water
- Two tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped onion, tomato and capsicum
- Finely chopped green chilly, coriander leaves and ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Take two table spoon of ghee in in kadhai. Once it is hot, add finely chopped green chillies, ginger, onion.
- Once onion turns golden brown, add tomatoes and capsicum to it. Then add coriander leaves.
- Now add two cups of water to it, salt to taste and boil.
- Once it simmers add, one cup suji to it and continuously keep stirring until it turns into a paste.
- Take a thali and put a little oil all over it.
- Now add the hot suji mix to the thali and cut it into small pieces when semi hot.
- Finally take little oil in pan, enough for shallow frying.
- One by one put pieces of suji cutlets in the pan and keep flipping them on medium flame until they are friend completely.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
Dadi’s Recipe for chutney:
My grandmother had this very easy recipe to make chutney. She used to chop onion, tomato, green chilly and some coriander leaves. Then she would just grind them using mortar and pestle. Then she would add some red chilly powder, some salt and lemon juice to it and Ta da! Chutney was ready.