Selfless mother, forgiving mother, loving mother . . . We might have some qualities to be that but then some of us have certain qualities that make us ‘that’ Mom. Are you ‘That Mom’ . .
- who hides chocolates from her child to eat later peacefully.
- who does not want to wake up in the morning but then realises that if she would not send her child to school then the little one is going to drive her crazy all day, and so, you get up as if you must finish the task and get the little one ready for school.
- who hides a piece of cake for herself to gorge on later when everyone else is asleep.
- who covers her head with a blanket just to eat the last candy that she does not want to share with her husband.
- who wishes that her child sleeps early so that she could watch her favourite show.
- who clearly tells her husband to take the baby with him in case he decides he wants to go out alone even on weekend for she feels she deserves some alone time as well.
- who relaxes first for a while, takes her own sweet time to have her coffee peacefully and then thinks about the household chores.
- who asks the baby to go play with papa just so that she can play for a while on her phone.
A little love for yourself is not going to make you a bad mom. In fact, you are a cool mom.
Pillow fights, candy fights, fights for the remote control make us laugh, and when you see your husband, your child laughing whenever they catch you eating that extra candy and ask for their share, you do feel like a mom, you do feel that this laughter should never stop. And so you will always be ‘that mom’