Home-made hashbrowns are yummy and easy to make. Plus it is something different from regular mashed potatoes or sandwiches. Sharing Miss Zesty’s recipe for hashbrown.
- 4-5 Grated Potatoes
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Finely chopped green chillies (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Clarified Butter/Ghee
- Grate or shred potatoes in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with cold water.
- Keep stirring the water and washing the potatoes until the water remains cloudy.
- Rinse again to remove excess starch.
- Drain and pat dry the shredded potatoes with paper towels.
- There should be no moisture left.
- Now, heat clarified butter in a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Add shredded potatoes in the pan and add salt, pepper, green chillies nad corriander leaves.
- Let it cook until a golden brown crust is formed at the bottom.
- Remember you have to let it cook on medium flame only. The cooking takes approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Now flip the potatoes and cook from the other side too.
- The hashbrown is ready once it turns crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Take it out on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Cut into pieces and serve with butter toast and tea.