Maintaining a healthy skin is extremely important. No matter how good our make up products are, it is ultimately the health of our skin that matters the most.
Miss Zesty is all about easy yet useful tips and so we bring you some easy skin care tips:
- Love Water and Hate Oil: It is very important to keep your skin hydrated and the best way to do it is to drink a lot of water. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water and then avoid oily stuff as much as possible. Oily food lead to pimples and is not good for a healthy skin at all.
- Sleeping Beauty is a Real Thing: Good rest is a must for a glowing skin. It helps keeping away red and puffy eyes and a well rested body is complemented with glowing skin. Use face masks with anti-oxidants to make your skin look rejuvenated.
- Massage Before Bath: An age old trick to keep your skin soft and moisturized. Always massage a little body oil or moisturizer on your body at least half an hour before taking a shower. Let it be absorbed and then take a shower. You will see an instant change in the way your skin feels.
- Never Sleep with Make Up On: Never ever do it! Trust us this is the worst thing one could do with ones skin. Leaving make up on your skin all night can be real harmful to your skin. No matter how tired you are remove your make up using a good make up remover or simply coconut oil.
- Go Green: Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green vegetables every day. Also try and check that you take enough protein in your diet. Having a diet rich in Vitamin C and low in sugars and fats can help you get a radiant skin.
- Never Skip Exercise: Try and exercise every day. Sweating it out actually boosts the cleansing process of your entire body and you can instantly notice a glowing face after a workout session.
- Wash, Scrub and Face Pack: At least twice or thrice a week, you should wash your face with a good face wash that suits your skin, then scrub your face and even hands and feet with a good scrub and finally seal the deal with a face pack suitable for your skin. Face Packs like multani mitti can do wonders for your skin. Papaya Scrub: Add 2-3 teaspoons of ground oatmeal and one tablespoon of sugar to mashed raw papaya. Make a thick paste and massage your skin gently. Let it dry and wash off for a clean and healthy skin.
- Don’s Stress Yourself: Don;t every day is an easy day and everyone has one thing or other going on. Remember, this too shall pass. Stress causes skin ageing and takes away the glow.
- Potato to rescue: Rub a potato gently under your eyes. This will help prevent and lighten dark circles.
- No Smoking: Smoking can lead to skin ageing and hence must be avoided. Yoga is a good way to fight it out, also meditate and apply mud masks every day.
- Mask it out with this home made mask: Avocado masks: Mix one table spoon of honey or plain yoghurt to mashed avocado and apply it for a glowing skin.