If there is nothing you can do, just walk.
No this is not a warning but a suggestion to stay healthy and fit. Walking is extremely beneficial to our health and can actually do wonders to our body.
- Weight loss: Walking between 7500 and 10000 steps a day is one of the keys of fitness.
- Better sleep.
- Improves Heart Health: Walking helps improve your heart health. Irish scientists have reported that walking is the best exercise for sedentary individuals, especially adults, to reduce the risk of heart and cardiovascular diseases.
- Lowers the Blood Pressure.
- Improves the mood and battles the effects of depression.
- Gives you time to think. Daily walking can act as a form of meditation. It gives you time to mull over ideas. If you have problems at work or at home, a nice walk could help you to come up with solutions.
- Reduces fatigue
- Once you form the habit, it is easy to turn it into a lifestyle change. Of all the forms of fitness routines, walking has the highest compliance rate.
- It can make you smarter. Daily walking can make you sharper and smarter and reduces the chances for long term mental disease because it helps to increase blood flow through the brain.
- Reduces risk of Diabetes. Scientists recommend 3,000 to 7,500 steps a day to treat type 2 diabetes and suggest that you sit less and be more active. Walking every day can help control the blood sugar levels, which, in turn, can help you prevent type 2 diabetes.
Picture credit: medicalexpress.com