Cauliflower is Miss Zesty’s is family vegetable – be it any family event or a Tuesday, Miss Zesty’s mom makes sure that Cauliflower sabzi is made and why not! Everyone loves it so much.
Let us see how to prepare Aloo Gobhi Matar Masala.
- Half a kg cauliflower, cut into small or medium sized chunks.
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes (diced)
- Two tomatoes finely chopped
- One cup peas
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Finely chopped ginger (one inch piece)
- Finely chopped Garlic (two cloves)
- One tablespoon oil
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- One teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Two finely chopped green chilly
- One teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- One teaspoon coriander powder (Dhaniya)
- One teaspoon red chilly powder
- One teaspoon Garam Masala
- One teaspoon Amchur (dry mango) powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Once they pop add green chilly, garlic and ginger.
- Let it turn golden and then add tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, salt.
- Let the masala roast for five to ten minutes. Masala is done once the oil starts coming out to the corners.
- Now add cauliflower, potatoes and peas. Mix well.
- Add one table spoon water and cover the lid.
- Let the sabzi prepare on medium flame for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Keep checking and stirring the sabzi if required and add a little water if needed.
- Once the vegetables are tender and the sabzi looks cooked, add garam masala and amchur powder.
- Mix well and add fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve how with Chapatis, Paranthas or Poori.