Miss Zesty is as serious about the food as she is about clothes. It is very important for her to make sure that the little one had her green veggies. Today she would like to share the recipe for potato-french beans sabzi.
- Half a kg French beans (chopped)
- Two medium sized potatoes
- One medium sized diced tomate (finely chopped)
- one small green chilli
- Cumin seeds one teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Turmeric powder one teaspoon
- Coriander powder one teaspoon
- Garam Masala – half to one teaspoon
- One teaspoon Amchur masala (dry mango powder)
- Red chilli powder – half to one teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Two tablespoon chickpea flour
- Fresh coriander leaves
- One tablespoon oil
- Take a kadhai and heat oil.
- Add asafoetida and cumin seeds. Let them pop.
- Add green chilli and tomatoes.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Roast the masala until the oil starts coming to the corners.
- Once the masala is prepared add french beans and potatoes.
- Add just one tablespoon or even less water to it and cover the pan.
- Let it cook on medium flame for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Keep checking if the potatoes and beans have become tender.
- Add a little water if needed.
- Once the sabzi is tender, add chickpea flour. Mix it well and cover the lid for one-two minutes.
- Stir it again and add Garam masala and amchur powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot chapati.